Discovery Ridge Adventure Center is getting a complete facelift with new attractions, and Lake Monocan’s offerings have been expanded and improved, Wintergreen Resort reported in their summer newsletter to members.
Lake Monocan’s views were much improved thanks to some judicial pruning and trimming. The resorts says they also updated the snack shop at their lake and beach in Stoney Creek. “Our fleet of kayaks has grown adding five new kayaks, two fishing kayaks and a tandem kayak. We also expanded the swimming area a bit for additional room to splash, play games and swim.”
At the Discovery Ridge Adventure Center on the mountain, new attractions include:
• Gem Mining. “Kids of all ages will thrill to discover what pioneer prospectors discovered while mining for gold. We have a sluice set up, so get your hands wet and pan for fossils and gemstones and discover the fun of prospecting.”
• Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course. “Channel your inner ninja and test your speed, strength and agility on our new eight obstacle course.”
• Bouldering Wall Bouldering is a form of rock climbing performed on rock walls without the use of ropes or harnesses. The goal is to traverse across the wall horizontally, not to scale a tower.
• E-Mountain Bikes. “Stay tuned for when our E-bikes will be ready for guided tours. We plan to have a mountain tour for the more experienced riders and a valley tour for beginners.”
• Mini Golf. “We’re adding a ski theme to our miniature golf course. The first nine holes will be complete for July 4th.”
• The Plunge. “Summer tubing is getting a new track. It’s 650 feet of thrills and chills in our summertime setting.”
• Archery will be back in operation soon in a new location.